Monday, August 22, 2011

what the?????

i showed you in my last post how i have been canning the tomatoes out of my neighbor's garden.  they are away and i have been picking the ripe vegetables out of their garden so they don't rot.  i showed the beautiful bounty i reaped 
and what i did with it for them...
curtis and don are very (friendly) competitive when it comes to their gardens. they start them from seeds in early spring and every year, there is a competition to see who can grow the biggest pumpkins.  we plant mostly the same kinds of  tomato plants....lots of heirloom tomatoes and big red, juicy ones.

well, i picked again from curtis's garden on saturday morning and got
this....
don picked the tomatoes from our garden saturday morning and got
this....
huh???????
looks like we aren't even in the running this year!!!
:)

5 comments:

Musings Of A Gem said...

This really made me laugh! I love the sound of a friendly competition...you'll have to show us your pumpkins when they are ready : )

Gemma x

Privet and Holly said...

Funny!
Some years are
just like that....
In fact, EVERY
tomato year for
me here in MN has
been like that,
which is why I
SURRENDER : ) !!
xx Suzanne

Minna said...

I am completely in love with your projects!! I just found some furniture that I was planning on doing what you do to and was looking for some inspiration. I found it!! Also, I am completely in LOVE with your blue sofa. Do you happen to know who made it or any information on where I might find one like it. It is seriously the sofa of my dreams! Thanks for all your postings and I am looking forward to seeing more and learning how to do all you do!

Meg from Megs A Mommy! said...

They were just sooo yummy that the bugs liked them! =) We have a ton of cucumbers that I am trading for tomatoes from my mom. NOM NOM NOM

ITguy said...

Welcome to the digital marketplace, where the heartbeat of modern commerce echoes through the corridors of ones and zeros. In the era of online dominance, E-commerce Development stands as the artisanal craft shaping the future of retail. Join me on a journey through the dynamic landscape of E-commerce Development, where innovation, user experience, and business growth converge.

https://systimanx.com/ecommerce-development

Related Posts with Thumbnails