Thursday, July 28, 2011

i think they peeked into my kitchen......

to get their inspiration from my current makeover.  
i say current 
because my brother-in-law is convinced 
that we are losing square footage in our house because of all of the painting 
we have done in the 11 years we have lived here.
i got this
 in the mail the other day.  it was in with a request for a subscription 
for house beautiful magazine.  those colors look very familiar... 
 this is the new flooring we are putting down in the kitchen.  soon.  you hear that don?  soon!!
here is the backsplash tile...
this is the dresser i just painted for the kitchen and the blue mason jars that i love.
the walls are a light grey
the cabinets are in the process of being repainted creamy white for the top 
and medium grey for the bottom
the kitchen table and chairs
the new rug....
great minds think alike....  ;D

12 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

well I'd say you were right on the money! I love all your colors. Where did you get the tile for the backsplash? It looks like a watery beach glass greenyblue color on my monitor. Is it? I love how the kitchen table and chairs look too. The floor will be amazing.

Pine Tree Home said...

don't you just love it? now you know you are a true happy home redoer.

gloria said...

So pretty! LOVE the dark floor and backsplash!

Meg from Megs A Mommy! said...

Somebody went to Ikea! =D I was looking at that rug for my bedroom!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Love your color scheme you have chose

Compact Digital Cameras said...

I appreciate the ideas and I would like to read more good stuff keep it up! This is very nice article and have great information.
Compact Digital Cameras.

susan.a.lentz said...

Your kitchen looks gorgeous! I'm glad to hear that you decided to do the top cabinets cream and the bottom cabinets gray. I can't wait to see the "after" pictures! p.s. I have that rug too - best.deal.ever.

Megan Byrd said...

I am in the process of redoing my kitchen and I love the paint color you used in this room. Do you remember what the name of it was? Or what brand?

Megan Byrd said...

I am in the process of redoing my kitchen and I love the paint color you used in this room. Do you remember what the name of it was? Or what brand?

Megan Byrd said...

I am in the process of redoing my kitchen and I love the paint color you used in this room. Do you remember what the name of it was? Or what brand?

wendylper said...

I seriously thought I was the only person in the world to refinish a dresser and put it in my kitchen! Makes a great "fake" buffet! My kitchen is very dark right now, last redo was 6 years ago and I am sooooo ready to do it over, may just steal your blues, I have recently done the living and dinning rooms in a cool pale blue that makes me think my hallway should be that wonderful blue/green in all my old mason jars!

Lisa said...

I can't get over how good those chairs look in blue.

Related Posts with Thumbnails